- We Do Not walk on slate, wood or any other specialty roof – all gutter cleanings are performed directly from the ladders, to avoid any breakage, cracking, or damage to your roof
- Courtesy – our technicians will knock on the door to let you know they are on your property
- We bring our own hoses – all we need is an outside faucet available with the water turned on
- Gutters are hand cleaned – we don’t use blowers
- Gutters and downspouts are flushed (temperature must be over 40 °)
- All debris is bagged at the roofline and removed from the premises
- A door tag will be left at the site upon completion
- No pre-payment required – we will mail the invoice
Many gutter service companies will not even clean a home with a slate or specialty roof. Why? Because it is time consuming, labor intensive, and requires technicians who provide that little bit of special attention.
Our technicians are trained not to walk on any home or business that has a slate, wood or other specialty roof. They will perform the gutter cleaning directly off the ladder using ladder stabilizers when necessary.
Why we do not walk on specialty roofs including slate, tile, wood or metal.
Slate roofing tile has a long and storied history, and is generally known as one of the highest quality, longest lasting roofing materials on the market. Homeowners are drawn to slate because of its beauty. There simply isn’t a roofing material on the market that has a classier, more celebrated appearance.
On the other hand, the relative fragility of slate roofing tile means that maintenance of your gutter system requires professional care. You don’t want to have to replace broken tiles because the gutter system was not working properly and the wrong gutter company came to fix the problem. Replacing broken tiles is not as easy as it sounds, since slate comes in lots, which makes it nearly impossible to find replacement tiles that are a perfect match.
Wood and cedar roofing requires special care when having any type of work done that may require workers to go up on the roof, though durable one wrong step can increase the chances of breakage.
Over time moss, mildew, and mold can seep into the wood and weaken the shingles or shakes.
The gutter system on your home plays an important role in the performance of your cedar roof. If the gutters are not functioning properly, water will become trapped under the cedar shakes or shingles and create roof leaks into your home.